It's Chicken Pot Pie made mostly in The Working Mom's Favorit Contraption (aka, the Crock Pot/slow cooker).
This is so easy I didn't bother to take a million pictures. (That and my hands were fooded-up.)
IN THE MORNING:
1. Use a about 1 lb. of pre-cooked chicken meat*** and about 4 cups of chicken broth.
***My preference is to cook my own in the crock pot ahead of time (ie, when it's on sale for cheap) from leg quarters. I remove the skin and bones after cooking, then strain and save the broth.
2. Add a one-pound bag of mixed frozen veggies.
3. Peal and cube 1 or 2 medium-sized potatoes, 2 stalks of chopped celery and an appropriate amount of diced onion.
4. I add at least a clove of garlic.
5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
AFTER SLAVING AT WORK ALL DAY:
6. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. **be sure to move the racks to accommodate the crock
7. Slip off your shoes and pour a cold drink (This is optional; it's just how I do it.)
8. Dip out a little of the broth from the crock (about 1/2 a cup) and whisk with about 3 T. of flour. Then stir that back into the crock pot mixture to thicken it. (You can use corn starch.)
9. Here's my favorite part: Mix up 2 packages of good ol' Jiffy Corn Bread mix per the directions. Spoon over the top of the crock pot mixture.
10. Bake for 25 minutes (or until corn bread is cooked through). Which looks like this:
Our family loves the corn bread crust better than the old-fashioned kind.