Real Time Web Analytics

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Have You Seen Balloon Dogs?

The girls and I saw The. Funniest. Thing. Ever. at Kroger today.
Yeah, Kroger.
Of all places. Go figure.

There was a big bin of balloon dogs. Check it out:



Someone is a GENIUS!
These are those Mylar balloons with little tissue paper accordion legs and paper paws. The ribbon "leash" lets you "walk" your dog. They had everything from a wiener dog to a St. Bernard (which was bigger, but not full-sized). They have just enough air in them to stay upright on the floor.
Aren't they funny??
If they weren't $15, we'd have two at our house.
Maybe for a special occasion, I'd spring for one.

My kids would always play with balloons until they were completely flat and no longer floating. So, that makes me think:  Why didn't I think of this?
Someone was brilliant.

The girls were completely fine making a scene in the card aisle with the dogs. But, when I whipped out my red pen and decided to correct the improper use of an apostrophe on a point-of-purchase display for "Cube's". Seriously?
I couldn't take it any more. I lost it, and I started marking out punctuation.
Can I get an "amen" here?
When are people going to learn:  You don't need an apostrophe to make a word plural!!!
I was going to share a photo, but my Darling and Now-Embarrassed Daughters pushed me into the meat department and away from the scene of my crime.
They also confiscated my red pen.
We're going to have words if I don't get it back...

3 comments:

  1. Hee! Those errant apostrophes make me crazy, too, though I've not yet taken out a red pen (I mark papers for a living, so when I'm off the clock, I'm OFF the clock!) Those balloon dogs are adorable! Much lower maintenance than a real dog. I may have to get one but, sadly, we don't have Kroger up in here in New England (though I do remember the store from growing up on Ohio).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dogs are so cool!!

    I have been know to correct grammar on a menu and on many many signs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can have an AMEN from me on the misuse of apostrophes! DRIVES ME NUTS! The dogs are a hoot! :-)

    ReplyDelete