Real Time Web Analytics

Saturday, June 25, 2011

What Did I Do With My Bucket?

The fine folks over at Red Hill General Store recently decided to do a little social experiment with all the gals over at the Real Farmwives of America & Friends. They sent each of us a bucket to see how we could put it to use.


That started a great debate in our house: What to do with it?


It's a cute, little 4-quart galvanized pail.


BabyD and LittleD got to brain-storming, and came up with lots of uses. Check it out:


To hold wash clothes in the bathroom:
(In-bathroom storage space is at a premium in our house)

Ice bucket for beverages:

A holder for all of the miscellaneous kitchen utensils:
(my personal favorite)

Transport for condiments and utensils for a backyard weenie roast:

To replace the always-too-small fruit bowl in the kitchen:


I thought these were all great ideas. (I think we need a couple more buckets!)
This list didn't even include a place for cut flowers (not much is blooming right now at our house), 
or for picking strawberries (which, unfortunately, are done for the season).
We also considered planting some flowers in it for the back porch.

So, what did we decide?
Like I said, storage in our central bathroom is pretty minimal. 
So the girls thought this would be a good place to keep their collection of bubble bath items:
Since they aren't used everyday, this can off-load the mass of bottles on the shower shelves.
And it looks really cute in the bathroom.



If you are interested in winning a galvanized embossed tub from Red Hill General Store, click on over to the Real Farmwives of America & Friends website to enter the give-away.



Thanks to Red Hill General Store, which did provide me with a bucket to blog about for this post. The pictures, photos and ideas were my own LittleD and BabyD's. (And I think they did a darn-good job.)



5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have one like it and I've kept everything from small cookbooks, to flowers in mine. I've served "Dirt" (pudding dessert) in it also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great ideas! I like using it to hold the kitchen utensils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little D and Baby D did a great job coming up with ideas for your bucket! So glad they enjoyed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea of keeping washclothes in it. They look good in it and I'm sure make for a cute decoration.

    ReplyDelete