Real Time Web Analytics

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Can't We Just Go Home and Eat??

I feel like the family isn't eating much at home lately.
I feel guilty that this week I threw out some zucchini, a couple of peaches and salad mix that turned on me in the fridge. Horrible victims of poor planning on my part. For the near future, I think I'm not going to buy any fresh food. I'm sticking to frozen and canned, because I can't stand the waste.

The girls have had a lot of late tennis team practices and/or matches the last few weeks. We're nearing the end of the season in just a few more weeks, so I guess there's hope. They did get a practice night off Friday, only to allow for their school's fall festival. Which meant eating at school.

Tonight? We were at a wedding.
You'd think I'd appreciate not having to cook. But, in reality, I'm missing some good ol' comfort food. I could really use some chili right now.
And, the situation isn't helping with my Gooseberry Patch project cooking.

The buffet at the wedding offered up the best fettuccine Alfredo I've ever had. LittleD decided to gorge ourselves with seconds of the pasta and go light on the cake. (Good move, as the cake was a little dry.)

The funniest thing that happened at the reception was two well-dressed men of Indian descent (I mean the country, not Native Americans) came wandering through the reception hall, with a small table tent name card in-hand, looking a little bewildered until the found a hall staff member. The funny part was this banquet facility had two wedding this evening:  the 200-person one we were attending, chock full of white people.

The other, which took up several of the ballrooms at the site (including the ones closest to the entrance) for a very, very large, festive wedding of an Indian couple. When I stepped into the lobby to use the restroom, every woman I saw was decked-out with some variation of a bright, gold-trimmed, colorful sari (lots of bling). It just struck me as so funny that these two guys would wander 2/3 of the way into our wedding, before figuring out they were in the wrong place!
All I could think was:  Men everywhere are just alike:  oblivious!



3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about wanting to eat at home. Some weeks we are so busy we eat entirely too much fast food. I can feel it when I don't eat like I should. Wasting food is a major pet peeve of mine...but it tends to happen way too often!
    Love your story about the wedding...apparently these two weren't up for asking for directions either..typical man thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate throwing food out. It makes me feel like I am burning money and being terribly wasteful. Enjoyed the wedding story. So true, all men are oblivious.

    ReplyDelete