First, I have to say the purse I carry now is the biggest I've ever had.
(I'm goofing on my lunch hour, so I'll have to post a pic later, if I get a chance.)
I hate big purses because they tend to be catch-alls for all sorts of junk--particularly stuff belonging to my kids!
I reject the "Mommy, can you carry this for me?" now with "You have a purse of your own. Why didn't you bring it? I'm not your pack mule."
I don't carry it around much either. Most days (and nights) it just rides around in my car, waiting to be used at the grocery store. I have a work bag (which is primarily my lunch transport and a place for my wallet and home cell) and I really hate the idea of hauling around TWO pieces of personal luggage.
So, after a trip to the car, here's my inventory:
- Cootie killer (aka purell)
- tooth picker/brush
- Advil, tylenol and Sudafed (since I'm the walking family pharmacy)
- 2 sad, sad-looking wrinkled kleenexes
- 4 pens (3black, 1 red) and 1 highlighter
- Softlips lip balm, vanilla flavor
- 2 watches with dead batteries
- return receipts from Target and Meijer
- pad of sticky notes
- Capstar pill for the dog (took her to the vet on Saturday; she has fleas--ick!)
- Eucerin hand lotion sample
- a Kitkat bar I won at my Girl Scout leader meeting Monday night--Don't tell my kids!
- nametag from the National FFA Convention luncheon yesterday
My camera and two phones are usually in there, too.
It only looks this good because I purged last weekend--good thing this wasn't last week's question!