Real Time Web Analytics

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gas Prices: Can Anyone Explain This To Me???

Can anyone tell me how the price of gas can range any where from $2.262 to $2.89 just a few miles apart???


And, why is it that the price always spikes just before I need to fill up??
I feel like I'm playing the lottery every time I put gas in my car.


Ok, so that's my beef for the day.





On to Working Mom Wednesday.

Topic of the Week: Honest Confessions About Motherhood.

How ironic this is the topic for today! I'm languishing in an evening of guilt right now.

Sometimes I just want to be all by myself in the quiet.
No kids bickering.
No dog licking.
No cat meowing.
No oven timer beeping.
No one complaining about the mean girl at her lunch table.
No answering homework questions.
No one telling me about how dumb his clients can be.
No one calling to ask for my year-end charitable contribution.

All I want is the sound of the clock on the wall ticking.
Yet, it's been a full day for everyone. And sometimes they just want to share what went on. I'm like that sometimes, too.
But not today.
I have nothing to share. And I'm really not in the mood to share anyone else's stuff, too.

After a "quick" (that's relative, isn't it?) through Walmart after work with the girls... which, by the way, if you believe in the concept of a personal hell, I would say that's it: Shopping in Walmart with two kids--the only thing that would make it worse would be if it's Saturday... but I digress... now I am mentally fried.

So, I just want everyone to leave me alone and let me be a vegetable--a quiet vegetable--for just a little while. And I shouldn't have to wait until 10 PM to get it, either!!

4 comments:

  1. agreed! I miss being bored on a Saturday. Wish I could go back in time and give myself a good kick in the butt for not enjoying bored time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hubby hates wal-mart. took the 2 kids there the other day and it was awful.

    is it too much to ask for a little break?? i don't think people realize how much us moms do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this place, I usually grab a book and run away for a little while. Hugs to you because I, and about a million zillion other girls know just how you feel. And now I am off to shop with my hubby for flooring, perhaps even more hellish that the girls/Wal-mart trip because we are bickering on how to put tile in the sunroom. He wants a boring straight-lined pattern, and I would like to turn in on a point/diamond to at least give it some character. We are NOT talking $20 a piece tiles! Probably more like $1.25, and to do the point we need 10% more tiles. GEEZ-O-PETE!

    Gotta go cause HE IS ready! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad other mom's crave being alone. I say I get "over-stimulated" and everyone needs to back off. And Wal Mart is my personal Hell. Especially on Sunday night when we are out of milk and they only have 1 lane open.

    ReplyDelete