Real Time Web Analytics

Friday, November 19, 2010

Got Milk? Surprisingly, I do.

This is a peak inside my fridge.
See how I carefully angled the camera so you cannot see how cruddy it is? Yeah, it's a mess. And I'm too shallow to bear it all online.
I really, really need to clean it this weekend (before the family arrives for Thanksgiving).

What motivated me to take a picture of my fridge last night?
I got home late again (this is becoming a thing this week) and, to my shock, we still had just over two gallons of milk in the fridge!!! I haven't been to the grocery store all week.

I don't know about you, but we're heavy milk drinkers in this house--about 5 gallons a week.
Ironically, after the big Freeze-O-Rama cooking party last weekend, we've eaten out almost all week and, therefore, haven't been consuming the food on-hand.

Wait. Let me restate that: The Husband has been taking the girls out most of the week. I've had some late meetings this week that involved dinner, so he was left to feed the hungry.
What does he do? Subway. Bob Evans. Steak-n-Shake.
I even left food in the fridge for him to heat up for supper. This is incredibly lazy, if you ask me!

I'm just in awe that we are going into the weekend with milk on-hand. Good thing, because I'm feeling really crappy, from this head cold that's been creeping up on my all week. I opted to work at home today to spare my coworkers the joy of phlem.
I just really need to get healthy before the relatives show up for Turkey Day on Thursday.
Which reminds me: I need to get that bird out of the freezer!


2 comments:

  1. I need to grab some milk before I get the pizza and sitter for tonight. Big night out with my hubby: Trivia Night at school. Woo! He is so NOT looking forward to this "fun night." I made puppy chow to take just to cheer him up!

    Hope your cold is on it's way out! Bless you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relatives for Thanksgiving?!? Nobody invited me...did you forget the sister-in-law...you know the one who drives a mini van. Oh wait...I have to go be tortured by my own flesh in blood. Thinking about going to the "Willy" on Black Friday...I'm hoping for a sale.

    ReplyDelete